Thursday, March 31, 2011

DJ Logo #1


First two concepts of my DJ logo. I decided to use half a picture of a vinyl to shape out the D. This "D" would be used for the beginning letters of "DJ" and "Dio". I then found a turntable arm to resemble the letter "J" and so I incorporated that next to the "D". In my first concept I added the "Dio" inside the LP because the inner label of it also formed a "D" and I thought it would be a clever design. Though I came to the conclusion that the "Dio" wouldn't be the part that caught people's eye. So in the second concept I decided to take the "I" and the "O" out and then shrink the turntable arm and have the needle rest on the vinyl as if it's playing. I then also incorporated headphones hanging on the vinyl as well and the sun ray effect in the background. I was not satisfied with this design afterwards and then decided to change ideas... P.S. I found a tutorial on how to make the sunrays on Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment